Monday, February 3, 2020

Rise and Grind

Hello friends and family, this weeks email will be on the shorter side, I am sorry about that. This last week has not been a good one. My companion and trainee has decided that he wants to go home. He leaves this next Wednesday. I am both disappointed in him and myself. I will not speak on the reasons for his departure, but know that I did all I could to help him stay. Other than that we had another sister go home early as well. I was given her area, investigators, and ward tacked onto my own area, investigators, and ward. All the missionary meetings I was apart of before are now doubled as are the problems I need to solve. The stress is mounting a little bit. But that is just how I like it. Bring it on! I know I can handle this and I can handle anything else the lord decides to throw my way, I'm gonna forget myself and go to work. Alma 26 verse 12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

We teach our investigators that regardless of that they are going through, the gospel will help them. We also teach that whatever their circumstances they can be happy, now if I teach these things I dang well better believe them and apply them to myself first. This mission is important to me, and I flat out refuse to spend any of it feeling sorry for myself and wasting the lord's time. 

I am excited to get a new companion, I hope hes ready to work hard. I know this work can be tough but it is satisfying. I love all of you and I cant wait to tell you all about my week next Monday! Yours truly -Elder Larkin 


These pictures were sent by Sister Mixon (David's Mom)

(Elder Zobell & Elder Larkin on P-Day at the Mixon home)

No comments:

Post a Comment