Monday, January 27, 2020

And Into the Fire

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I apologize for not writing last week. But I just straight up didn't feel like it 😆 I know that isn't a good reason, but it's the truth. So first and foremost I am training, and training sucks. My companion kinda frustrates the bejeesus out of me. He has many issues that could be solved by not being lazy and prideful, but we are working on it. I will refrain from going on about him because that is not Christ-like, I will Instead tell you about his Interests, he loves Minecraft, he likes to sleep, he likes to skateboard, his favorite Star Wars movie is a Phantom Menace. He pours his milk first. He puts his shoes on like this *sock,shoe,sock, shoe*. His favorite flavor pizza is Hawaiian. His favorite band is Nickleback. Hes a very interesting guy. 
Off of that subject! On to another, we have a baptismal date for Isabell and Sheena! I'm so excited for them. They'll be baptized on the 29th! So a leap year baptism. I cant wait for them to make their first covenant with their heavenly father. Jack is still progressing, but he needs to really gain a testimony of the restoration before we commit him to a date. But hes still awesome, and reading the BOM. The Leggit family has been really hard to get in contact with recently, But good news! We went over on Friday and they were all there. Hopefully we can get them to start taking their salvation and exaltation seriously. 

We did some fun stuff this last week! We did service again at the state park Blue Springs, but this last Saturday we helped run the manatee festival! Lots of manatees, fun exhibits and lots of funnel cake and cotton candy, even a live mermaid Tank! We went around picking up trash but the park ranger told us to make sure and take some time and go to the booths and go through the exhibits and really enjoy the festival too! It was a lot of fun, I even got to save someone's phone that they dropped in the spring. It was way down at the bottom of the spring and I used a big net to snag the phone, the people told me they were gonna make a donation to the park because I got the phone, so Daryll the park manager got me a funnel cake! I also got to see a live Falconer use his falcon to hunt a squirrel. Also lots of manatees.

On Friday, the ward had a Racetrack party, the family who was gonna feed us that night forgot and so they told us to just go to the party. We got to participate in all the competitions and eat Hawaiian Haystacks. Since I can be incredibly competitive, I destroyed the competition and won first place. We were the blue team. The members of our ward got SUPER competitive and it was actually so funny. We all had a great time. Some of the events were, marshmallow toss (I caught 14 in my mouth), free throw shooting, that thing where you wiggle the cookie from your forehead to your mouth (I'm actually pretty good at that), and lots of other challenges. We came in 1st or 2nd for a majority of the competitions. 

Anyway, the mission is fun and worth it. I'm having success regardless of who I'm with, and honestly I gotta give it more time, he's brand new and we all have a pride that clashes with others. So don't think I'm miserable because I'm not! I'm very happy. I love all of you! Catch you all next week! -Elder Larkin 






No comments:

Post a Comment