Trying to do missionary work on holidays kinds sucks, everyone thinks were JW's and don't wanna talk with us. So we went over to some of our elderly single members and spent some time with them. So no one had to be alone on Thanksgiving. We also got to have dinner with an elderly couple called the bucks. Brother Buck is a professional pastry chef so he made us our favorite pies from scratch! They met each other when they were 15 and they were in a band together and he played us some songs on the guitar and she sang for us. They had an awesome conversion story too! The missionaries had to work hard on them but they've been members for 35 years now! They're very cool people.
I had 2 more exchanges this week, one with the other zone leader, Elder Hardy and one with Elder Robert's. The first one with elder Hardy was fun but kinda uneventful. We did a lot of driving around so a lesson I learned was call ahead to confirm lessons. We drove back and forth to Deltona twice and both times had lessons fall through, so we sauced our miles, but we got into the house of some members and showed them The Christ Child video which is awesome! If you haven't seen it, it's on the churches website, and on the gospel library app. It's all in Aramaic with no subtitles too! It's so awesome.
The other exchange was with Elder Robert's, he's a straight up cowboy. Now I don't mean a hick. I mean he's a ranch-hand from Wells (Whales?) Utah. He's got his own horse and he's super into the rodeo scene. He's short and stocky and I'd hate to wrestle him in a match. A real John Wayne, Matthew Quigly kinda cowboy. He's so dope. We had a really fun exchange, we picked up a couple of Gators (investigators) and we went to a western store and he bought a big ole silver belt buckle. He was so happy. I took some dumb pictures in the store because well I'm dumb but it was fun! He's on his way out to Leesburg to be a new District Leader, so I'm excited for him but sad to see him go.
Anyways I'm going to the beach for P-day today! I'm super excited, it should be a lot of fun! I've got another P-Day this Friday! Because of Elder Vincin of the 70 (the fair dinkum talk in GC) is coming to speak to our mission. So I'll talk to ya then! Don't forget to send your boy some Christmas goodies! Ask my mom or brothers for the address. Ahaha, jk. But seriously do it. I love getting stuff in the mail, plus my Comp had gotten like 5 things recently and its giving him a complex. So let's teach him a great lesson in humility by sending me tons of gifts! Anyways, love you all. Talk with you soon!
P.S (I really am just kidding about the gifts)








No comments:
Post a Comment