Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas is fast approaching!

Hello friends and family, it's another week another Email. Last Monday we did not have P-Day, so its been like 10 days since my last day off and it's been a grind. Its weird, on the mission, apparently, the opportunity to give priesthood blessings come in waves. I ended up being a part of and giving like 9 blessings this week. Which in reference to the rest of my life that's 900% more blessings I've gotten to give in one week than in my entire life. For those of you who dont understand what I'm trying to say, I mean I've given 1 blessing before this week and 9 recently. Each have been for different reasons and were all awesome!

This last week we were able to put one of the families were teaching on date to be baptized! They're super excited and so are we, all we need to do is make sure they come to church consistently... sometimes people's agency frustrates me, but all I can do is try my best! We got them to come to the ward Christmas party and they stayed the whole time and had lots of fun! This week we had another meeting with Jack, he's the old man we've been teaching, he's the freaking best. This dude is so in tune with promptings and feeling the spirit. In his prayer he told god that he had finally made his decision and that he was ready to be called a "Mormon" and that he couldn't wait to "go swimmin" with the elders. We asked him to pray about a day to be baptized, and he accepted whole heartedly. He also came to church again this Sunday! His health problems have been getting a little easier for him to handle, so he has been able to make church a priority (Priesthood blessing). 

This week we also had a Zone Conference, which is where the north half of the mission gets together and our mission president and a few guests speak to us and give us trainings. This ZC we had Elder Vinson of the 70! He spoke in conference pretty recently, he is Australian and gave the "Fair Dinkum" talk! He was awesome to hear from. As well as elder Tai (pronounced dye) who is the shortest and youngest general authority in the church! He's like 47, which is younger than my dad which is crazy. I won't get Into too many details but it is cool to mention that literally not a single person gave the talk or lesson that they had planned to give, they all felt like the spirit was promoting them to change what they wanted to say, and the spirit was so strong in the meeting. Side note, I had drank lots of water and was literally dying during the last hour of the meeting, for those of you who know me well, you know that water flows through me like..well.. water! 

We had some "Fun" lessons with someone named Steve. For those of you who have read the Book of Mormon, he reminds me of Korihor.
I would recommend reading Alma chapter 30, he basically had the same ideas and thoughts as Korihor did. Needless to say it was interesting. We also had another meeting with some guys named Pat and Joseph. They had "genuine" questions about obscure misquotes, from books that aren't scripture and brought up lots of tiny issues they someone else told them to bring up, and honestly it was, to quote Elder Holland "frankly pathetic" the Book of Mormon has been attacked and analysed for its entire existence. But no one has been able to disprove or even bring credible doubt to light about the Book of Mormon. So when they brought up these minor and trivial arguments it was almost laughable. We were very nice and polite and answered their questions using the scriptures. But in the end they weren't there to learn, they were there to argue, badly at that. Anyways, I learned that if people's intentions aren't valid, they will never learn. 

We had our ward Christmas party this week and it was lots of fun! We had lots of  non members show up and it was polar Express themed. We got pictures with Santa and enjoyed being with the ward! It was completely put on by the bishops wife, I mean she literally did everything by herself, so shout out to Sister Tucker, wrangling 4 kids and taking like 8 hours to order and pick up all the food, make and place all the decorations, including making a big train, that looked pretty awesome. Stringing lights, placing tables, writing and directing a play, making little tickets for everyone, and setting up sound equipment. She deserves a shout out. This week was awesome, anyways enjoy Christmas! I love and miss all of y'all! Especially around Christmas. But I'm happy and healthy. Bye y'all! -Elder Larkin 


1: Me, Santa, and Elder Potter
2: Zone conference 
3: District service 
4: Bowling
5: Me and elder Marple
6: A guitar and Amp I was given by a member! Its acoustic electric.







No comments:

Post a Comment