I hope all of your Christmas's have been wonderful. I missed you all a little bit extra around the holidays. The weather here has been 70 degrees and very rainy. (Probably why I got sick) but that's Florida for ya! Talking with the family was great! I called them and made them get up at 5:00! But those of you who are familiar with my family's traditions, that is the norm for Christmas. We go hard in the paint. It was awesome to see my brothers actually awake before 12 o'clock. Though they all promptly fell back asleep. I didn't mind, I would have done the same thing !
This was my first Christmas away from home, and my mom wants me to write down my feelings about it all, honestly it was awesome! It was different but I felt loved by my family, I had christ and his birth on my mind and I got lots of presents! I even managed to get some little gifts home for Christmas. Emphasis on the little part. We missionarys are broke. We had another set of elders stay at our apartment on Christmas eve and I made them sit down and listen to me read the Other Wise man to them. With my scraggly cracking sick voice, I got to read to others the story of Artiban and his search for the messiah. I was choking up a bit as I read it, but i dont think they could tell, because my voice was so messed up from being sick. I love that story. My comp fell asleep, but that's ok.
I love all of you, I hope these emails are fun for you to read! I do my best with them. Anyways, catch yall later! Elder Larkin :)
P.S If you have specific questions about things, email me specifically and I will do my best to respond swiftly (except you mom, just ask me on facetime it's way easier)
1: a Christmas gift from Hermana Gotigg
2: our humble Christmas gift
3: I went to BW's and that's always worth mentioning



No comments:
Post a Comment