Monday, May 17, 2021

Miracles and More

Hey everyone! I'm still here in Citrus Ridge loving it. We have had some great miracles recently and I wanted to share them with yall. 


Our neighbor Trevor!! So Trevor is our neighbor and we love to spend time with them once our proselyting time is over. He's 22 and really into cars. He told us he didn't believe in God but he also told us he was Jealous of people with faith. We just started sharing bits and pieces of our testimony with him until one day about 2 weeks ago I felt the prompting to ask him if we could sit down and teach him a lesson. We asked if he would help us practice the first lesson we usually teach people, which is the Restoration. He said Yeah!! Come on over, and so me and Elder Hill went over and taught him The Restoration, and once we finished we sat down and read the Book Of Mormon with him. Now, this was on Tuesday, so I'm gonna take you through the events that transpired through the week. 

Monday- Trevor doesn't believe in God 

Tuesday- we teach him the Restoration, he feels the spirit SOO strong and commits to reading the Book of Mormon. He asks us some great questions and he really opened up to us. 

Wednesday- We talked with Trevor on Wednesday about his scripture reading. He read chapter two of 1 Nephi. He liked it and it made him Happy. 

Thursday- So Thursday was a great day, we taught Trevor the Plan of Salvation. The Spirit was strong and he got a lot of answers to questions he had always had. He told us he had a lot of questions. We invited him to write down his questions and bring them back to us the next day and we would answer all of them. He said he would.

Friday- We have another Lesson with Trevor, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The lesson opens up and he told us he had some news for us. Now I was a little nervous because usually, this isn't good news. So he told us he didn't have his list of questions. I asked him why he didn't have them and he told me "I don't have a list because I don't have any more questions" now we were like "????" What do you mean you don't have any more questions. He then told us his miraculous story. 

The night before our meeting on Friday, he was taking a shower. While he was in the shower, he said the water felt amazing, like so nice. He started to think about God and his commitments to pray. So he knelt down in the shower and opened his heart up to God. He asked God if the Book of Mormon was true, and if Joseph Smith was a Prophet. He wanted to know for certain, so he asked God to make his heartbeat really hard if it was true. He knew he couldn't make his own heart harder, maybe faster! But not harder. He sat there for a while, waiting for it to happen. Nothing was happening so he thought "that's ok, ill ask again next time" and once he didn't need the sign, God gave him the sign. His Heartbeat so hard in his Chest he collapsed. He sat there with the water pouring on him for a while and the spirit overcame him. While all of this was happening, the playlist he was listening to consisted of about 900+ songs, and during this prayer, there were 9 Disney songs in a row. He told us the song list and he told us it was a direct conversation through the music with God. It was AMAZING. So the next day he told us, I don't have any more questions. God told me it's true and he held up The Book of Mormon, and said "I'm not reading this to see if it's true anymore, I'm reading it to find out what's true, because I already know it is true."

WOOOOOOOOOO, we were SO EXCITED.  The spirit was so strong, and he accepted a baptismal date of May 22nd!!! YEEEEEEEEE it this SATURDAY!! I AM STOKED.  Our neighbors are some of the best people I've met on my mission. They are gonna be lifelong friends. I am very happy. 

Love you all!! Elder Larkin 








No comments:

Post a Comment