Hi everyone! It's been a great transfer! I think I've only got about 4 left! I am staying in Citrus Ridge for 1 more transfer (i assume) and finishing Elder Hills training. It has been fun to watch my district grow closer this transfer and see the personal growth in each of them.
One of the major things that happened to me these last few weeks was my amazing opportunity to go and be in the Temple! The temple president called our mission president and asked if he could get 20 or so missionaries to come the following day to help renovate the Celestial Room. They didn't want to ask the members on less than a 12-hour notice. President Ashcraft gave us a call and asked if we could gather enough missionaries by tomorrow, we laughed and told him we'd have enough missionaries and then some in about 5 minutes. My whole zone got to go and we first loaded all of the boxes from a truck down into the baptistry. Then we carefully unboxed and cleaned all the furniture. Once we had cleaned up, we had pizza in the temple cafeteria. Afterward, the temple President came and took us all to the celestial room, he wanted us to enjoy the room before we had to dismantle it. So we got to go and enjoy one of the most sacred rooms in the temple but in our Service clothes. The temple president spoke to us at the end and we talked of sacred things. We came back the following Monday and replaced and whole room, seeing it empty was very weird. But we are the first people to see it empty in 27 years, and the very first eyes to see the new setup. It was amazing. We then got the GRAND TOUR, we got taken literally everywhere. The basement, down with the oxen, all the sealing rooms, we went on the roof. It was in-depth! It was so amazing. The temple president had another question and answer session with us and it was just really special. 3 days before we got the call from president Ashcraft, I was accounting with my district and I was talking with one of the sisters who had expressed that she really felt like she needed to be in the temple. She knew it would have been impossible but was just expressing that wish. I felt overwhelming prompted to tell her she would be able to go through within the next week. My natural man said "what the crap, do not tell her that, there is no way that's gonna happen" yet the spirit was like "I'm not capping (lying), let her know" so I just decided to trust in the prompting and I told her. Needless to say, I know it was directly from god!
We have lots of investigators, and the other elders and us sometimes struggle to balance the car since we have to share 1 vehicle. So I had a really cool idea. I love to bbq and we have a really awesome clubhouse and pool area. So we and the other elders have taken to inviting all of our investigators over to have a cookout and a lesson! We have done it 3 times now and it's gotten better and better each time! The first time was just with our neighbors and we had chicken and rice because we are broke missionaries, and we may or may not have given our neighbor food poisoning. But the next time we had the ysa ward sisters bring their people and some food! We made kebabs and had a really good turnout. This last time I insisted we have hotdogs and hamburgers, a classic. It was the best one we've had yet! A great turnout and we had a great lesson. We are gonna keep it going! Anyways I love yall. Have an awesome week!!
Love Elder Larkin





No comments:
Post a Comment