HELLO! there Is so much to tell you and so little time.
So for a quick run down, I have seen many mighty miracles, I have moved to a new area, Trevor Got baptized, and I am having a wonderful time on the mission.
I will now go into depth on all of these. Starting with Trevor's Baptism!! AHHHHHH IT WAS SO GREAT. Trevor is so amazing. His Faith is really strong. His baptism got pushed from a Saturday to a Tuesday, and the baptism was at 8 AM. We thought that no one but missionaries would come. AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN all of these summer sales bros pull up in their nice cars, ready and hyped to support Trevor. They didn't really know him but they were all RM's and they were just studs. Also, all of these really cute girls from the ward showed up for Trevor too and we were just so happy for him. Trevor said "there are a lot of Disney Princesses here..." that's his term for Cute LDS girls. Our mission President came, the bishop came, and more than a few investigators came. We had so many people come we had to move it to the Chapel. The spirit was intense. The baptism went smooth, and Trevor got to give his testimony to all the people present. It was amazing, Trevor Is the elect and he was seeking truth he just didn't know where to find it, but once he did, he held onto it so fast. I am so grateful to be there for his experiences. We had one particular experience with him, where we had an experience so holy and sacred in nature I won't speak of it here. But I will say, I have seen Christ's hand in this work, it is his, and I cannot deny what we experienced. Our mission president told us after that it was his favorite baptism he had been to his whole time being a mission president. It meant a whole lot to us.
I got moved to a new area. WELL my time in Citrus Ridge has come to a close and a good one at that. I got the call that I was supposed to go to Viera! At the time I was under the impression it would be a full bike area. But as soon as I got there, we were given a car. Lucky me! Viera is an area down near Cocoa Beach and it is very close to the coast. It rains most days and the storms are really cool to see! I live right next to a mall with lots of good places to eat and AMAZING places to street contact. We have a great teaching pool, lots of people who have been taught for a long time, but we are seeing some great progress! This area was a little stuck in the covid Mindset but I'm here to tell you COVID IS OVER. Stop secluding yourselves, go outside, talk to a human you won't die. There is the work of the Lord to be done and it doesn't wait on anyone. I have pushed street contacting heavily in my district and we have seen a huge increase in people found. I just need to teach the missionaries here how to extend meaningful invitations and we can really see the work explode in my district. I am seriously feeling in the prime of my mission. My New companion's name is Elder Moses. He is originally called to Portugal and will probably be leaving to go there within the next month or so, he Is a really good missionary and I have enjoyed being his comp a lot so far. We are teaching a girl named Kaity, my first lesson with her, just before we went over, she told us this would be our last bible study. I went ready to let the spirit guide me in what to say and having faith and hope that she would have desires to still meet. The lesson went well and she accepted an invitation to come to church and she did this last Sunday! She told us afterward that she felt like she really belonged there and that she finally had the courage to tell her dad she didn't want to be catholic. So FIRE MIRACLES. Kaity is really cool, we want to help her to baptism. We also had a fun miracle while helping a member move storage units. She was really struggling with money and she was crying when we got to the storage unit. We offered her a priesthood blessing and promised her a miracle. She had a 20X10 storage unit, it was too expensive and it was full of stuff. We told her to get the smallest until they has available, which was a 10X7.5. We fit all of her things into the smaller unit and she was able to keep her things and not be forced to sell them. I am really loving this area, the ward is amazing, the people are helpful and willing to work. I am very happy as a missionary right now. I love you all so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment