Monday, January 11, 2021

Back to Citrus Ridge!

Hi everyone! Since I last emailed I have been transferred back to Citrus Ridge!  It's been a crazy bit of time, for the last 3 weeks I was working in the office all day, literally 9-5 because we were covering for the Albright's who went on vacation. So everything was run by me and elder Brinkerhoff. We thought we were just gonna be organizing packages and doing the basics like printing out gas receipts and inputting all the baptisms. But during our occupation of the office, 5 missionaries got the ok from salt lake to go back to their original mission, so we had to get their flight itinerary, make their departure packet, and send them to a different country. So the office was very hectic and we had a few missionaries get into accidents so I had to work with insurance agents and the missionaries and everyone to get it fixed. It was stressful and we basically had no time to do any missionary work. I was pretty downhearted, but God knew I needed to be there for a bit. One of the missionaries who went back to their OG assignment was Elder Baucom, one of my companions! So because he left, I got ET'd to Citrus ridge to train elder Elggren. So I'm back in this ward and guess what, we have a baptism scheduled for the 23rd!! Our friend Chiara, she is elect as all crap. Literally, give me the opportunity to do missionary work and I will go OFF. we are also working with Pedro, Sonia's husband. He had completely given up drinking and had been grinding through the book of Mormon. I expect him to accept baptism soon. So that's super hype. 


Last pday, before I came to Citrus ridge, we played gator ball! It's a mix of soccer and football, where you're allowed to catch the ball if it's kicked up in the air and run with it. It's by and large the #1 thing that injures missionaries in the mission. While I was playing I jumped up in the air to catch the ball that had been lobbed, I came down and my leg planted in a weird way and my knee bent the wrong way pretty far, I heard a loud pop and some sharp pain and I went down pretty hard. I literally thought I had broken my leg, but after a minute I figured I was ok, walked it off, and scored another 5 points that game. My knee was still janky, and it extended a little far and felt weird, but I kept going and now it's fine. This same pday we went and got arepas, which are freaking delicious. And SOMEHOW, the sisters convinced the whole district to go get pedicures. So we went and got a foot massage, and hot bubbly water and we convinced one of the elders (not naming names) to get hot pink nail polish. We made fun of him pretty vigorously after.

 Anyways I'm back in my favorite area, and am so excited by the work being done, love you all!  -Elder Larkin 




No comments:

Post a Comment