Well it's been a month basically. I've been working in the office and in the Hunters Creek ward for about that long. There are some things I've learned. The office is not difficult, all we really do is answer phone calls and drive cars to the dealership. I get to drive by myself sometimes which is fun! The senior missionary couples in the office are funny, elder Albright fumbles with technology so much, and he'll get frustrated and its literally like watching tv. His wife also eggs it on and it's like watching a sitcom. The Clark's are another senior couple in the office, they're super nice and sweet. They live here in Florida in this super big house on a lake. On P-days they let us come by and use their instruments to play music. So the 4 of us will go over and play whatever songs we print off of the internet that day. I play Bass, my comp plays guitar, Elder Packer plays the drums, and Elder Brinkerhoff plays the piano. I and elder Powelson will switch instruments every once in a while too. We will play for a few hours, then eat all of their food and play some ping pong. It's a really good time. The music is occasionally good to listen to as well!
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Hunter's Creek
My companion doesn't really like calling people, so I do most of the calls and while I was calling some random people missionaries had contacted a few years ago, a lady named Leyna picked up! We talked about the gospel and about who we were, (she was super confused) and we set up a time to have a video lesson. We will video call from our mission president's office because he works from home and we need to stay in the office. The lesson went well and we have had a few lessons with her since! She even came to our ward Christmas party! So we thought it was a perfect opportunity to get her some fellowship and let her meet the bishop and the ward. Our mission president was sitting with his family and some other ward members so we introduced her to our president and his wife and while they were chatting she sat down at their table and we just went off and talked with other members. What better fellowship than the mission president and his wife XD! She had a great time and Is progressing well. We hope to invite her to be baptized soon!
For my 14 month mark me and my companion went down to Disney Springs (east coast downtown Disney) and went to eat at this dinosaur-themed restaurant called the T-Rex grill, the line was huge and we were gonna have to wait like an hour. And we have a curfew so we were thinking we were gonna be hosed. We are about to leave when this member comes up to us and starts talking and we chat for a few minutes, he leaves and the hostess switches to a new girl. The new hostess comes up to us and goes "hey Elders! Do yall still have a 9 o'clock curfew?" We go "yeah we do"
So she goes "I've got you" she pulls us from the line and seats us IMMEDIATELY. We talk with her, and it turns out that she wasn't even a member, but all of her friends are members and she used to meet with missionaries. She had been praying for guidance and that night we came to the restaurant. So I friended her on Facebook and now she's meeting with missionaries in her area again!! Tender freaking mercies man.
That's all that's really new to me! I love you all! Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment