Hello friends and family, I have lots to tell you. I recently moved to a new area. I only did 1 transfer with elder Baucom and our trainee elder Hess. I'm now in the HunterCreek ward. I'm working as the vehicle coordinator in the mission office now. Which I'll be honest kinda sucks. It's just paperwork and filling out documents. So when I got that call to leave my favorite area of all time I was pretty bummed out, but i am gonna go wherever my mission president needs me. Hopefully, learn whatever I'm supposed to learn here quickly and move on. Before I left we set our friend Sonia on date for baptism! Sonia is so awesome!!!! She had been searching for the true church her entire life. She studied with tons of different churches but didn't feel anything. Until one day 2 Young men in white shirts and ties were in her driveway when she got home from work. They talked to her and she felt something in that first contact. Shes met with missionaries until me and my companions got there. She had actually been hard to get in contact with for the first bit, the elders who were over our area before us were gonna drop her! Dingus's. We got in contact and had some of the greatest lessons I've ever had. She asks so many questions and has such a strong connection to the spirit and she prays about everything and the spirit really answers all of her questions. We had a lesson after Conference where she told us her impressions from President Nelson about how she felt like she was the 3rd kind of person who hears the word and doesn't do anything about it. So I asked her if the spirit had asked her to do anything. She said that she really feels like she should be baptized, she was scared but that was her answer. So we read Mosiah:18 with her, and when it got to the part where it says
Monday, November 9, 2020
13 Months
"11 And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts"
So we just let that sit with her for a second and she started bawling and said that yes this was the desire of her heart. The spirit was so strong!!! We were all crying and were so happy! And this last Saturday she was able to he baptized. It was a long road, she had to overcome some addictions and have tons of faith. But she literally has the greatest faith of any investigator I've ever seen. There are lots of other really cool ans sacred experiences we had with her. I honestly felt like a new testament apostle with some of the stuff we helped her with. But I'll save that for later :)
My new district is pretty fun! We have 15 people in our district, and only 2 wards. So 7 missionaries in my ward. And 8 in the other ward. Also, the mission president is in my Ward so that's pretty cool. Also, my new companion's name is Elder Powelson. He's a pro in the office so I'm training to replace him.
Anyways I'm sure there Is lots more I could talk about but writing emails isn't my favorite thing in the world! But I hope you all enjoy them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment