Monday, July 6, 2020

4th of July!

This week was really fun! Lots of opportunities to enjoy being around other missionaries and spend time as a district. The mission life really has become my norm now. Those who have been on a mission can probably relate, I've hit the point that home doesn't feel real?? Like its definitely there but my life is out here now. Anyways! The 4th of July was good! We got to stay out a full hour later, 10 o'clock people. Were running wild out here. We got together as a zone and I was running the grill, obviously. I grilled up some mean burgers and we had pie and chips and drinks and played games and watched fireworks. It was a great time. I've said this before but I love my zone and district a whole lot. Were all great friends. Speaking of new friends, I got a new companion! His name is Elder Niles! Hes 22 and a convert and a fantastic elder. One of the first things he told me was that he hated me, and joked that he'd be my comp before he got assigned to me. Now like you, I was VERY confused, why would he hate me? For back story, we came into the mission at the same time. I asked him and he told me that as soon as he saw me in the MTC he was like "that's the competition" I was the "Golden Boy" or "Presidents Favorite" he always joked with old companions that he'd hate me up until the day he really met me and then he'd undoubtedly love me. So now he loves me and explained it all. So that's the story about how I actually got haters out here, mad at my success ðŸ˜¤ðŸ˜¤ but I can show them what's up once they meet me. Me and him get along really well. 


Today we went bowling and got lunch! I had Gator for the first time, its pretty dang greasy, but tasty! We were also able to pick up 3 new people to teach this week! Which in quarantine is a miracle in its self. Haha, I love being on the mission, I love the area, I hope I get to be with these people for a good long while. Still can't wait to see all of you as well ❤ until next week! - Elder Larkin Aka GoldenBoy 







No comments:

Post a Comment