Hi everyone! Another week has passed and July Is almost over! Its crazy to think I'm not so far away from my 1-year mark. Summer is in full swing here, it's pretty dang humid out here, trying to do service outside, while wearing a mask, with 90% humidity is a little bit like waterboarding but we do it anyway! This last week I've been able to do a number of service projects. Helping out members weed and lay down mulch, and weekly service at a donation center. Its been fun! Side note about weeding in Florida. The weeds here are large, but soft and leafy. There isn't anything but sand in Florida so it's literally the easiest weeding ever. Back home the weeds are spikey, their roots are deep and wide, and I end up digging through a half-pound of loose rock before I get one. We've had more success meeting our ward members recently! Through service and some outside dinners, Its been very nice! I met my bishop for the first time, he had us over for pizza, IBC creme sodas and key lime pie. We had/Got to eat on his large Rap around porch, it was a good dinner, and some much-needed member interaction.
Sunday, July 26, 2020
The work rolls on
We've had some pretty good luck finding through Facebook. We just join local prayer groups, gospel pages, paranormal groups, flying spaghetti monster pages, literally anything we can find and just message the members through Facebook messenger. It's kinda like digital tracting! It's pretty fun and we've seen some success from it. It's definitely a "wide net" kind of finding but you gotta get creative in quarantine. We are still on lockdown btw, 4 months and counting. Were also teaching my friend Malia!! She's been super awesome, she's been reading the Book Of Mormon on her own and has been keeping commitments and getting answers to prayers! I'm so excited that because of this quarantine, I've been able to teach my friend.
Also this week we were able to do an exchange with the AP's. I got to go down to Hunters Creek with elder Luke and we had such an awesome time. We didn't really do anything special it was just so much fun being around him and his spirit. He's definitely presidents assistant for a reason. That day I got to go to 2 different district councils and it was so much fun to see some more missionaries! The mission has been getting so many new missionaries it feels like I don't know anyone anymore. We went from 113 just after quarantine hit, to 240 by the end of next month. So there are more reassigned then the originally called here now. Anyway, I love you all. Enjoy this week! Elder Larkin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment