I am writing to you from the MTC. Tuesdays are my P-day here so don't think I forgot about you, I did not. I arrived on Wednesday, and got right into classes. Getting up at 6:30 has been a struggle but I've been able to do it every day so far. We have 8 elders and 4 sisters in my district. Elder Larkin (yours truly) Elder Serr (pronounced Seer) he's my companion, Elder Mackay, (Tyson Mackays cousin) Elder Breidenbaugh (good luck reading that one) Elder Carter ( hes quiet but when he does say something its hilarious) Elder Nelson (not related to Russel M Nelson) Elder Sampson (had to cut his luscious locks for the mission) Elder Moeai (our Tongan Elder). The sisters include Sister Swapp ( loves sour candy) Sister Walton ( 4'10 but FULL of energy) Sister Poore ( from Minnesota, so shes never cold) and Sister Ostreff ( Ive never seen her frown). I love our district and our whole branch. I was made district leader here at the MTC. So right off the bat ive been given lots to do. Running meetings, and picking up mail, assigning talks and prayers. My favorite part about being in the MTC is all the classes, since im not learning a language, I can focus on learning the principles in preach my gospel. During exercise time we like to go to the field and play catch with a Frisbee or play some 6 on 6 volleyball. The food here is... Well lets just say its the best it could be expected to be. STAY AWAY FROM THE ORANGE JUICE, they put laxatives in it to help some of the more nervous arrivals stay "on track". They do have unlimited Creamies, so its not all bad. My Companion, Elder Serr is a sugar beet farmer from some tiny town in Idaho, now i know my dad is saying to himself "ugh who in their right mind would grow beets?" well you don't actually eat them you just refine them down for the sugar, so you can rest easy dad.
I had the wonderful opportunity of getting to watch conference as a missionary. I took over 20 pages of notes from both Saturday sessions, woman's session, and the Sunday sessions. I've never taken more notes on anything before, even for school. All the talks were wonderful, but i recommend watching M Russel Ballard's talk about spirit world, Elder Uchtdorf's talk about being called on the adventure that is discipleship, and each of the first presidency spoke in the women's session you need to watch their talks. I thought for sure he was going to extend the call for all sisters ages 19 and up to serve missions. But maybe next conference, President Nelson was REALLY hyping up next general conference. Who Knows maybe he located the book of Lehi, Haha, fat chance of that. I noticed a lot of talks on finding joy through in our adversity. The joy of the saints is enduring, that line sticks out to me. So remember that having being converted to Christ wont stop bad things from happening, but it will make you ready to handle those things when they come. Also, you need to watch Elder Bednar's Character of Christ talk given at the MTC on Christmas day, also on the sabbath, I don't want to spoil it but its FANTASTIC. It was probably my favorite meeting i had this week.
For those of you interested, my schedule is waking up, service, breakfast, classes , lunch, classes, workshop, teaching assignment, dinner, Study study study, bed. We have 6-7 hours of class every day. I thought it would be overwhelming but It really isn't. Its a lot of fun, super helpful stuff. Those of you who have been to the MTC know what I'm talking about. Our rooms are small but nice, i got a bottom bunk, which is actually better, i get extra space under the bed, And I don't have to jump off the top every morning, i can just kinda roll directly onto my knees for morning prayers. I also snagged 2 extra pillows from empty beds in other rooms, so now i am very comfortable. I miss all of you but at the same time I'm doing just fine, so no need to worry about me being home sick or any of that. I have lots of friends here in the MTC from Elder Mckendrick who's from our home ward to tons of other Elders and sisters who i know from CHT or EFY or even some from college. So I'm Not alone. I leave for the Mission Field on the 21st. which means ill be in my first area for trunk or treat! A great way to get to know the members.
Anyways, feel free to send me goodies and snacks, Love Elder Larkin
P.S pictures will be in a separate email.
![]() |
| "google hanging out" |







No comments:
Post a Comment