Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Another Week Another P Day

Hello friends and family. this week has been really good, I guess all weeks are mostly good but this one was fun. I got to teach lots of people here in the MTC. They try to pretend they aren't members but they slip up every once in a while and we can tell they're just acting. I got a package with some energy drinks and some chicken in a biscuit with easy cheese, along with some film for my camera. I loved all of it. We have been learning the lessons crazy fast, in fact this is my last week in the MTC. Next Tuesday I'll be in the field! Orlando here I come. I have to get up at 4:00 AM to get on a bus, then a train and then a trolley to get to the airport, then I'll fly over to Orlando, get my bike, buy a helmet, and start teaching hopefully. I am very tired, waking up at 6:30 does not get any easier. It's ok though. Not a lot new has happened this week. My district is awesome, Sister Ostreff ended up going home, she was really sick and not eating. we miss her. Now the sisters are in a trio, they all seem happy and excited to do the work. Me and my companion Elder Serr have been getting along well enough, he doesn't like to speak in our lessons or really try to study. It might be difficult if i wasn't so incredibly gifted at speaking, also overwhelmingly humble, and handsome. I'm just kidding, it is a little hard, but when i do get him to participate its a lot easier to teach.

We have lots of classes, my 2 main teachers are sister Morse and sister Carden, sister Morse is 21 a just got back from here mission. she gets distracted really easy, but she has lots of great insights and fresh mission experience. Sister Carden is like 24, shes a little more strict and the sisters find her intimidating. shes like 5'6 and also super nice, so i think the sisters are trippin'. Our devotional on Sunday was really good. Sister Sheri L. Dew came and spoke to us. She talked about the gathering of Israel and showed us a video on president Nelson, he spoke with Rev. Amos Brown of the 3rd baptist church of San Francisco, Its amazing that when people meet The Prophet, they just Love him. Probably because he genuinely loves them back. I love when we get to have the devotionals. 

For entertainment we have been watching The safety Zone, Meet the Mormons, And the NEW Book Of Mormon videos, all of these are on Gospel Library. The new book of Mormon videos are awesome. Super high quality, decent acting and really cool sets. we all gather in the common area to watch the new video each week. Its like waiting for an episode of your favorite show, except its Scriptures. I miss all of you, I hope these emails are nice. Not too long, not too short. Ill send pictures in a separate email. If you want to email me, you can do that at any time in the week. I can read them whenever, but i can only respond today. I hope everything is good. Have a great week, next email you'll get is in Florida.







No comments:

Post a Comment