Monday, March 1, 2021

21st Birthday on the mission!

 Hello friends and family. How are you all? What's new with you? Anything exciting going on back home? Anyways let me know. I've got a few fun stories to tell! 

First, is our friend Polo! We were playing basketball in our complex, and this guy named polo comes up and asks if we wanna do a 2v2. So obviously we are down. We ball up with him for a bit and then when we had to leave, we got his #. He didn't have a U.S # because he was just here for college from Haiti! But he left and we texted him over WhatsApp. Later that week we invited him down to the clubhouse to play pool, he came down and we started playing. Now listen, I've gotten pretty decent at pool since I've been on the mission, so I was clapping him (Beating him). He turns to me when he was like 4 balls behind and says "how much you wanna bet I still win" so I said "aight, how about this, if I beat you, we teach you" and he said "Bet, I have some questions anyways" so I proceed to beat him and we sat down right after and taught him the restoration! Polo has now been taught all the lessons and has committed to all of them and wants to be baptized! He's going home to haiti for a little bit but in March he'll be back and hopefully be baptized. He's an awesome dude! So pro ball and pro pool are effective forms of finding (proselytizing basketball/ proselyting pool) 

Second! We had an amazing dinner with Pedro! We went over a week earlier to the Yeagers and had a really fun dinner, brother Yeager is a convert and had to overcome a lot to be a member. Drugs, alcohol, smoking, women. Basically all of the things. But he also played pool professionally in Las Vegas for a while and Pedro loves pool too. So while we were talking about Pedro, brother Yeagers eyes were just lighting up. He got so excited and asked if he could have Pedro and Sonia over for dinner the next week. So we set up a dinner! Btw, at that dinner, we had smoked pork belly and pulled pork, and WOW, was it really good. Anyways pedro comes over and we had a fun dinner, and once we had all eaten, brother Yeager asks Pedro "so what are your questions" and it took a little prodding for Pedro to start asking. But the gospel conversation that followed was so amazing, and Pedro really committed to give up smoking and expressed his desires to become baptized. So it was just an amazing dinner. 

Third, it was my birthday! I turned 21 last week! My district/Mom threw me a surprise party and it was so dang sweet. We had pizza and cheesecake and played games and I got a dope unicorn shirt. It was so much fun. Thank you all for the awesome birthday wishes. It was a really good birthday. 

Love you all! Have a good week! 









No comments:

Post a Comment