Monday, May 11, 2020

HELLO! I KNOW I'M BAD AT WRITING EMAILS BUT HERE WE ARE

Strangest thing is I actually have something fun to talk about and I've been holding off on writing for basically no reason.
 

Since last time I wrote I was able to have 2 baptisms! It was wonderful, Isabelle and Shena got baptized! They are an awesome story. To summarize, Mike had a daughter with a different woman, Isabelle is born, they divorce. It's really bad for all parties involved. Time goes on and the grandparents win custody over Isabelle. My 2nd transfer on the mission, Isabelle was Kidnapped by her mom. She was found by the police and returned safely. Her father Mike has been inactive since he was 17. Hes dating a woman named Shena, lovely lady. She starts taking the lessons with the missionaries, as well as Isabelle. They grow closer together as well as closer to their heavenly father. Mike and Shena get married, and both Isabelle and Shena get baptized. Mike was even able to perform the baptism for his wife and daughter. The gospel brings families together closer than they could without it. I've seen it in action, and it's amazing. 

Other than that, we have been in quarantine for 56 days. It has been a struggle for sure. I had to drive one of the elders in my district to the Airport and send him home, it was a really sad time. But we hope to see him back in the field soon. His companion Elder Leary is now loving with us in a trio. Trios are pretty fun, having a 3rd person helps break up some of the silence. 

Missionary work is a little slow, but we expect to have Aiden Schick be baptized this month. And 3 baptisms in quarantine is pretty much the mission record. So were actually killing the game out here. Quarantine sucks but we grind regardless.

Anyways! Love you all, have a wonderful week! Talk to you soon:) love - Elder Larkin





No comments:

Post a Comment